How to Interact with Humorless People
- Never use irony. They don’t get it.
- Never use understatement. (See #1)
- Never use overstatement. (See #1)
- Never make puns. (See #1)
- Never quote Groucho Marx. (See #4)
- Never tell knock-knock jokes. (See #4)
- Never tell any other kind of jokes, especially jokes about people who don’t get jokes.
- If you forget and start to tell a joke, stop yourself immediately and say, “I’m sorry, I was about to tell a joke.”
- Never laugh at anything humorless people say. They’re not trying to be funny.
- Never put whoopee cushions under humorless people. It will only confuse them.